cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber-config for IOS devices - Set_Status_Inactive_Timeout option \ chat problem

Victor Bidnenko
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any possibility to change Set_Status_Inactive_Timeout for IOS clients to 60 min or to disable it with jabber-config.xml file? I've changed Set_Status_Inactive_Timeout option but int take no effect. After user log in to device the Set_Status_Inactive_Timeout is default 15 min (even after jabber reset).

The main goal is to set this timeout by jabber-config but not users. And the main problem is that the user that goes inactive and is in active chat don't receive messages from other participants of chat any more (simply leaves it).

maybe persistent chat can save the situation but our CUMP (v 9.1.1) can not implement this option.

CUCM v. 9.1.2

Jabber IOS Ipad v. 10.5.2

4 Replies 4

Victor Bidnenko
Level 1
Level 1

After contacting Cisco TAC no solution to this problem was provided they said "" As of now we don’t have this timer, Set_Status_Inactive_Timeout, yet supported on IPad". So maybe later they will provide this function in updated app.

... and do you know if it is supported for Cisco Jabber for Android?

I dont have an answer to this question from TAC but according to my test it also is not supported yet. Jabber-config.xml has no effect to this option on android and "i-devices".

Bad. But thanks.