cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Display name

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

when signing into Jabber client (12.6)  there is a display name just above your availability status. Does anyone know where Jabber gets that from? I have 2 users one local and 1 AD imported and they display differently. the local created user has firstname lastname displayed and that is good. however LDAP user just has userid and the @ sign. the AD user has his first name and lastname displayed on CUCM user page and the format is the same, I just can't workout why it is different, and also how would I change it to show first name and last name like the local created user?

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you try to add a presence domain via the jabber-config.xml file? You can modify/upload this file on CUCM via OS Administration > Software Upgrades > TFTP file management.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Presence>
   <PresenceDomain>yourdomain.com</PresenceDomain>
 </Presence>
</config>

Brandon

Hi Brandon, all that has done is displayed the user id, which is not in a very useful format. ie user1@domain.com. I would like it to display firstname lastname and that is all

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That information comes from your directory source, which one are you using?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

we use UDSimage.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: