cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android - Cannot connect server in inside network, but work fine in the INTERNET

RICARDO VIEIRA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need some assistance here, I can't understand why only Jabber for Androir doesn't connect in the IM&Presence server on internal network.

Jabber version 10.6.1

CUCM: 10.5.2

IM&P: 10.5.2

We are using: SRV

Clients on Windows Machine and IPhone work fine (inside and outside networks).

What should I do to solve this situation, please?

Regards

Ricardo Vieira

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this working before??

What troubleshooting have you done so far???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

No, it's a new installation.

I've tried set up Jabber using IP address and DNS, but I received the same messages.

Regards

Filipe Tavares
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ricardo,

What's the Android model and firmware?

Can you connect via VCS-E to CUCIMP? Or just cannot establish the connection to CUCM (phone services)?

Your logs are too extensive.. Can you specify the exact time that you try to login internally?

Thanks,

Regards,

Hi Filipe,

Yes, I can connect via VCS-E to CUCMIP. I this situation everything work fine (Phone (Register in CUCM), Voicemail and IM&Presence).

I always receive this message when try to login: "Cannot locate server. Check your server address..."

I'm tryng to set up the Jabber using IP address of IM&P Server, so when I did this I received the invalid message of certificate os IM&P Server, but I can't login in IM&Presence Server and received the same message. ("Cannot locate server. Check your server address...")

My devices are:

Tablet:

Xperia

Android version: 4.4.2

Kernel: 3.4.0-perd-g35f9635.

Mobile:

Galaxy S5

Android version: 5.0

Kernel: 3.4.0-4377764

NOTE: Using IPHONE e Jabber for WINDOWS work fine Internal and External

Regards

Ricardo,

The Samsung Galaxy S5 should work fine. Can you please collect the login debug with "Shark for Root" (Android wireshark) and attach them in this thread.

Regarding the Xperia with the version 4.4.2, check this (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/10_6/rn/JABA_BK_CB805EB4_00_cisco-jabber-for-android-10-6-release_notes.html#JABA_TP_L17474E6_00):

• Set the Cisco Unified Communications Manager to use mixed mode security, enable secure SIP call signaling, and use port 5061. See the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Guide for your release for instructions on configuring mixed mode with the Cisco CTL Client. You can locate the security guides in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Maintain and Operate Guides. This solution applies to the following supported devices: 

• HTC One M8 (Android OS 4.4.x) 
    • HTC One M7 (Android OS 4.4.x) 
    • HTC One Max (Android OS 4.4.x) 
    • Sony Xperia M2 (Android OS 4.3) 
    • Sony Xperia Z1 (Android OS 4.2 to Android OS 4.4 x) 
    • Sony Xperia ZR/A (Android OS 4.1.2 to Android OS 4.4 x) 
    • Sony Xperia Z2 (Android OS 4.4.x) 

• Sony Xperia Z2 tablet (Android OS 4.4.x) 

• Sony Xperia Z3 (Android OS 4.4.x)

In the OS Administration page > Cluster, what's the hostname of the CUCIMP server(s)?

Have you signed the certificates for tomcat and cup-xmpp?

From the jabber log files, i can see that the client is checking the Home cluster, downloading the CSF configuration and also the jabber-config file:

"04-01 13:45:30.108  3969  3969 I     imp.service: [LoginCommands.cpp(166)] [SignOn] - Signing into Presence Server. Server: IMPFIERGS01;IMPFIERGS02, login mode: ON_PREM,"

"04-01 13:45:30.308  3969  3969 I     imp.service: [Login.cpp(100)] [OnLoginError] - OnLoginError: (data=0) LERR_CUP_UNREACHABLE <11>: "

"04-01 13:45:30.308  3969  3969 D     imp.service: [LoginEventListenerImpl.cpp(112)] [OnLoginError] - errCode: UnableToConnectToTheServer"

From the jabber-config that you put in here, i can see that the format is not correct:

You are specifying the Policies, but you are not closing the config, so the Presence server address is not passing through the jabber-config. If you go to http://cucm-address:6970/jabber-config.xml you should get a error message. Correct the XML file, upload it to the TFTP servers and restart the TFTP server on those nodes.

Please rate if helpful.

Thanks,

Regards,

Hi Felipe,

Below I put my answers:

In the OS Administration page > Cluster, what's the hostname of the CUCIMP server(s)?

IMPFIERGS01    J.A.X.xx        Unified CM IM and Presence    Subscriber
IMPFIERGS02    J.A.X.xy        Unified CM IM and Presence    Subscriber

Have you signed the certificates for tomcat and cup-xmpp?

No, I'm using Self certifacates. Have I must sign the certificates in a CA?

Now, I can't setup the environment on mixed mode, because we'll use Auto-registration.

I've checked the jabber file and it's fine for me. I believe I made a mistake when edit some information in the file to put here in first post.

Attached is the Jabber Client PRT and analys from Galaxy S5's connections when we tried to sign on IM & Presence.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: