cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber for android directory search

Mikhail Kalita
Level 1
Level 1

Good day! My mobile phone is Sony Xperia ZR. In order to get a registration of Jabber for Android in IM and Presence mode, I switched to CUCM in mixed mode and created a Security Profile for my Jabber client. I got a registration and I'm able to make and receive calls. But I have some issues with Directory Search. Could someone provide me example for configuration Directory Search for Jabber with Secure SIP?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK The directory integration for Jabber does not change, you're only securing the signaling and RTP, not the directory, have you properly configured your BDI settings in jabber-config.xml???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They are completely separate protocol/port, does not interfere with each other. Directory integration is over TCP Port 389/3268 (or 636/3269 for SSL) and secure sip is over 5061. You can follow same configuration of Directory search.

Below are two options (need to only pick one)

Call Manager way to configure directory source (watch out for the "Product Type" with the UC Service Directory. "Enhanced Directory" vs "Directory":

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_011.html#CJAB_TK_C208C67A_00

jabber-config.xml way:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115_chapter_01001.html#CJAB_RF_DD2E565A_00

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: