Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android - MRA Certificate // Search Directory

Hi everyone,

I'm facing 2 issues with my deployment:

1. Everytime I'm starting the jabber for android / iphone it prompts me to accept the certificate. After accepting, it works ok, but it is annoying since this happens everytime I'm starting Jabber. 

2. The other issue is related to the fact that I can't search the directory. It does not show up any results from the LDAP Directory.

Any ideas? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber requires the certificates from the servers to be pre-installed in order to avoid that pop-up, usually when you accept it, it should be installed in the certificate store from your device. See if it's actually installed in your device, and if not, pre-install them. iPhones now require the certificates to be manually enabled to be trusted, maybe something similar on your device. Jabber documentation covers the certificate requirements.

By default MRA uses UDS for contact source, did you configure LDAP proxy?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your answer. I've been checking and not all the phones are facing the certificate issue. I will investigate the LDAP Proxy configuration.

This started to occur after the Exp-E certificate renewal, can it be related somehow!? Or was just a coincidence?

Devices need to have the new exp-e certificate in their trust store, this is also explained in the Jabber documentation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate