Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for BB - AD integration, contact images

fjlopezderego
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to deploy Jabber for Blackberry through BES5. Right now the users can login and make calls without any problem, but the contacts information is not updated from the AD and the contact images are not displayed.

I've been checking all the Jabber for BB documentation but I haven't found any information about where does this client get the AD integration information (i.e. Jabber for Windows uses the jabber-config.xml, Jabber for iPad uses the Jabber setting under the web admin...). Right now Jabber for Windows and for iPhone/iPad are working fine so it seems it's not a problem with the AD configuration under Presence. Third party LDAP integration is also working (I could check in a doc that MVS uses this integration). Did someone successfully integrate Jabber for BB with AD?

The other issue is about contact images. The images are located in a web server and the other clients are able to retreive them, but Jabber for BB can't do that. We have confirmed that BB devices are able to reach the images using a web browser but that's all. I think Jabber for BB does not support this kind of integration so images must be stored in the AD (but this is not a valid option in our deployment). Could someone make this work under BB?

Deployed versions:

CUCM: 8.6.1.21009-2

Presence: 8.6.2.10000-44

Jabber IM for BB: 1.0.1215.02

Thanks,

Javier.

1 Reply 1

Ian Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Javier,

I have been trying to use the BB Client for a while and keep hitting an issue with Cert's being self signed and it talks about configuring the TLS options.

If you have over come this do could you please advise where you configured it.

Many thanks

Ian