cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for IPad client fails to register to VCS-E

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VCS-E in my DMZ with a firewall in front of it.  My home IP address is in the firewall white list and I can register my Jabber client from my home laptop, no problem.  However, when I try my IPad from home, it fails to even hit the VCS-Expressway.  Is the IP address that is hitting my firewall being changed by a proxy some where before going into my network?

I will arrange a time to work with my firewall administrator to watch the traffic that is hitting it to figure out what the IP is, but I can't do that until some time late next week.  Anyone have any idea what's happening?

2 Replies 2

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

Bump

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I verified that the IP is not going through a proxy. What was happening was the iPad jabber client wouldn't register because my work pc had the same jabber client already registered. That's never been a problem with logging in from two different pcs but won't work with iPad.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: