cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad, corporate directory and LDAP

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

This is doing my head in now. I've set all the UC service profiles correctly. When I look at the debug those don't seem to propogate. When I set them under the device config itself I can see those settings in the debug but they don't work.

Can someone once and for all confirm where these settings are set, the format they need to be set in and how we get this blooming thing working!

Can someone perhaps paste some sanitised screenshots of a working config? The docs are next to useless on this.         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey dude don´t worry i´m looking for some information and well i see your case so I need to contribute to help you, so here is my configuration of the integration of jabber with and ldap and the uc service I hope this help you.

This is the device ipad configuration

The UC Service and I have another one for the port 389 but in the UC Profile I put first the 3268 UC Service LDAP

And Finally this is the Profile, the trick is to put the USER of the LDAP like "Admin@domain.com" that works fine and the jabber for Ipad works fine.

Tell me if this help you.

Greetings!

=)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

bump. Am I to presume from the lack of response nobody has a working LDAP integrated Jabber for iPad installation out there?

Final bump, does anyone monitor these forums? I guess I'll have to log with TAC, not that I've had much help from them on stuff like this in the past!

Hey dude don´t worry i´m looking for some information and well i see your case so I need to contribute to help you, so here is my configuration of the integration of jabber with and ldap and the uc service I hope this help you.

This is the device ipad configuration

The UC Service and I have another one for the port 389 but in the UC Profile I put first the 3268 UC Service LDAP

And Finally this is the Profile, the trick is to put the USER of the LDAP like "Admin@domain.com" that works fine and the jabber for Ipad works fine.

Tell me if this help you.

Greetings!

=)

Manuel... you are a price amongst men! Thank you for replying! I'm not in the office at the mo, but when I am I'll give it a bash and let you know. Thanks!

Michel Tosu
Level 1
Level 1

I've had some problems with this damned integration for a while. Now i can at least search the directory.

My mistake where to not check the "Use logged on user credentials". I thought that that would make jabber use the signed in user credentials to authenticate the search against the AD. Thata doesn't seem to be the case, when i check it i still have to provide the user credentials in the fields below, otherwise it doesn't work. This is how i want it to work but it seems "backwards"...

Now i'm trying to set a searchfilter, that i can't do in the "base filter" field on the same page, i don't get why.

I'm trying to use the same filter as i do on Jabber 4 windows:

(memberOf:1.2.840.113556.1.4.1941:=CN=CUCM_Users,OU=InfrastructureGroups,OU=SecurityGroups,OU=OMVC,DC="company",DC=se)

i have also tried

(memberOf=CN=CUCM_Users,OU=InfrastructureGroups,OU=SecurityGroups,OU=OMVC,DC="company",DC=se)

neither works.

I'm also having problems with contact photos, they work on the Jabber 4 windows client, when i enter the same contact photo location on the TAB-device in "

Have any of you guys gotten those two stuffs to work? Or anyone else?

Have you guys

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: