cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for IPAD, directory search is showing emp_id instead of username??

Pankaj Misra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone.

We have installed Cisco Jabber for ipad and configured it according to the administration guide, Search base is proper, ldap server is defined, ldap authentication is enabled etc. We also have EDI configured for "Jabber for windows" clients.

but when we search the coporate directory, it shows employee id insted of username.

Is there any other thing to configure?? or What can be the possible issues??

Thanks and Regards

Pankaj

3 Replies 3

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right now, Jabber for Windows and Jabber for iPad are integrated differently on the server side.  If the usernames are showing up correctly on J4W, you will want to investigate what parameter is specified in the jabber-config.xml file for the various custom attribute mappings; I believe DisplayName may be what you're looking for.

If you're integrated with CUPS for IM/P, then you can mirror the jabber-config.xml custom attribute mapping in the LDAP Attribute Mapping section (Application-> Unified Personal Communicator  Settings ->Setting).  Anything entered into the

"LDAP Field Mappings"  or "LDAP Photo Location" on the CUCM will be ignored.

Hello;

Anyone found a solution for that?

I don't know the answer, but I can tell you that I've see this when logging in with the ipad through UCM, which I've only done for experimentation purposes.  When I log in through Presence it does show the full names in the directory (I do use a jabber-config.xml file), and logging in through Presence is the normal way for us so I've never worried about it.  It probably doesn't help, but maybe it is a clue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: