Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone not showing ipPhone field information

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are testing jabber on multiple devices, including iPhone, and we have detected that directory for this particular device is not showing ipPhone number causing users not being able to "click-to-call".

For some reason, we do see information from other fields, such as mobile or telephoneNumber but we need to get information from ipPhone.

Is there anything we can do to show that information?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

4 Replies 4

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is ipPhone an AD attribute where you are storing the telephone numbers? Sounds like you will need to map the field accordingly since it's not a default field. Perhaps this link will help?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/9_1/JABI_BK_J006C103_00_jabber-iphone-admin-guide-9-1-1_chapter_011.html#JABI_TK_SF6C0860_00

Hello Yung,

For some reason it doesn't seem to work.

I'm starting thinking that it has something to do with Presence software version as it is showing multiple unexpected behaviors.

For example, on jabber for windows or jabber for mac, instead of seeing user name on top of the client, I see UserID such as: user@domainname.org. I can't put an image right now but I'm taking about the main Jabber window, just on top of the user status, instead of seeing user's name, it shows userid@domain

It's the first time I see something like this, I recently implemented another Presence server and everything worked almost automatically. I didn't configure anything on Jabber for iPhone nor Jabber for Windows.

Thanks.

Hello,

Just to let you know, we recently upgraded presence to 8.6.4 and Jabber for iPhone and iPad started working as expected. We did not change any configuration regarding LDAP mapping configuration inside TCT and TAB devices but just after the upgrade, it started working as we wanted.

Hopefully we will be able to make Jabber for Windows to work soon. We have tried several jabber-config.xml configs with no luck yet.

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber for Windows is working as expected now.

Thank you all for the tips.