Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Samsung Galaxy S3

cgmiller913
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 running ICS. I have Anyconnect running just fine, I tried installing Jabber Client, and I keep getting the following error message:

Please check your Internet Calling Setting and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

For device ID, I am using BOTXXXX naming convention and for server I am putting the IP address of the Publisher, but tried DNS name as well, but that did not work either.

I am running CUCM 8.5.1.12900-7 and I just installed the cmterm-android_8.6.2v17b.cop.sgn on my publisher and subscriber nodes and rebooted all.

I basically followed this document to the T:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080bb5104.shtml

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

28 Replies 28

Phillip,

My apollogies. I thought the doc was read-only

I could have updated it.

Thanks!

Adam

Phillip,

Any idea when the S3 from Sprint will be supportted for Jabber Android?

I'm not aware of any established timeline.  If you find an update from Sprint that lets it work please make a note of it in the documented I linked above.

Is this a Sprint issue or a Cisco issue?

Hi Phillip,

Does Cisco or anyone has explanation why some Android phones with certain Android OS/Baseband versions are experiencing this issue " Please check your Internet Calling Setting and try again...." ?

Regards,

Tiberie

gregory wenzel
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue with my sprint S3 i see its not supported yet.

johnkenn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I upgraded to:

Android 4.0.4,

Baseband Version: I9300XXLH1

Build Number: IMM76D.I9300XXBLG8

and this seems to work (previously I had the same error, I believe it's an ICS issue that's fixed with this newer update)

John

Which carrier?

I am able to connect to my CUCM 8.6.2aSU1 using the Jabber Client Version 9.0.2.2122. I am also able to make outgoing calls. HOWEVER, I cannot receive incoming calls, no idea why, the phone does not ring, and when calling Voicemail I could not press 1 4 or 7 as the PIN. I am wondering what is wrong. Using S3 International with LH1 Baseband. Anyone experience similar issues?

AdamSchrack
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

Recieved an update from Verizon last night, and I am able to get  the device registered with CUCM. Haven't done much testing yet, but Visual Voicemail is a no-go so far.

Samsung Glalxy S3 -

Model Number

SCH-I535

Android Version

Baseband Version

I535VRLG7

Kernal Version

3.0.8-993945-user

se.infra@SEP-90 # 1

SMP PREEMPT Fri Aug 3 00:53:23 KST

Build Number

IMM76D.I535VRALG7

Hardware Version

I535.10

Cisco Jabber -

Version 9.0.1.2042

CUCM -

8.5.1.11900-21

Thanks

Adam

Confirmed the above. After the Verizon update Jabber is working. I'm able to place and receive calls. Working great so far, hope Cisco implements Jabber chat soon as well in this client.

Chris

Only two issues thus far:

1) Visual Voicemail configuration causes the Jabber Client to crash. The only way to rectify has been to uninstall the client, then reinstall leaving the Visual Voicemail configuration un-configured.

2) There is no option to take the call via bluetooth headset once the call is active. You can initiate and recieve a call from the Bluetooth headset, but once you've connected without the headset you are stuck with speaker, or "handset".

Otherwise - all is well... short of the lacking IM/Chat, Presence, and Video capabilities of coarse .

Adam

rew
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a configuration guide for setting up Jabber For Android on Cisco?  I have downloaded the application from App Fridge.  I need to get the configuration information.

Thanks,

Someone has configured Samsung Galxy S Duos. Below are details.

Model

Galaxy S Duos

GT-S7562L

Android Version

Baseband

S7562LVJLK1

Kernel Version

3.0.8-1162058

Tks.