Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 10.6 and CUCM Service Profile Update

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

we have CUCM 10.5 and CUCM IM+P 10.5 running with Jabber for Windows 10.6.x (tested with .1, .4, .5).

I pull my Directory Integration Parameters from UC Service Profile in CUCM which is associated to an user (EDI Directory Integration). I have no Directory Parameters in jabber-config.xml and I also have no DNS SRV Records setup in DNS. So whenever I am going to do a change in the Service Profile on CUCM (like change the primary Directory Server), I have to log out from Jabber and have to do a client reset. Only after that, Jabber pulls the new config from CUCM.

My question is, is this behavior working as designed, or might there be a misconfiguration or a bug?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Rene

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rene,

You will need _cisco-uds for the service profile to be used. Here is a excerpt from the jabber deployment guide.

With Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 9 and higher, you can provision users with service profiles and deploy the _cisco-uds SRV record on your internal domain name server.

The client can then automatically discover Cisco Unified Communications Manager and retrieve the service profile to get directory integration configuration.

To set up service discovery to support service profiles, you must:
  •  

Deploy the _cisco-uds SRV record on your internal domain name server.

•  

Ensure that the client can resolve the domain name server address.

•  

Ensure that the client can resolve the hostname of Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

•  

Ensure that the client can resolve the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rene,

When you make a configuration change on CUCM it needs to be pushed to the client through the config flie, resetting or logout/login is the only way to do it. So, it is working as designed.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

after logout/login, Jabber doesn't update or pulls a new config file. Settings will be the same. I have to reset the client to get the updated config file. Any Ideas?

Regards

Rene

Are you doing a 'Save' and then 'Reset' on cucm service profile page and then logout / login of jabber?

Manish

Yes, I did a Save on the Service Profile page, but there is no reset button. I can find a reset button under UC Service page. But a reset did not take affect on a logout/login

Rene

Hi Rene,

I was actually checking on my cucm 9.1 which had the reset option as shown below, cucm 10.6 i just checked does not have it. Let me check and get back to you

Service Profile Configuration
Related Links:

Status
Informational MessageStatus: Ready
Required Field

Hi Manish,

I guess I just found the problem. I had the following in my jabber-bootstrap and jabber-config file:

bootstrap: ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices: CUCM,WEBEX
jabber-config:    <ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>CUCM,WEBEX</ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>

After I removed CUCM at least out of the jabber-config.xml and logout/login to Jabber, it gets the newest Service Profile pushed from CUCM!

That means to me, that Jabber needs to do a _cisco-uds discover to get it downloaded. I thought the Client will get it also by only using _cuplogin discover. That's why I excluded CUCM.

Can you confirm?

Rene

Hi Rene,

You will need _cisco-uds for the service profile to be used. Here is a excerpt from the jabber deployment guide.

With Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 9 and higher, you can provision users with service profiles and deploy the _cisco-uds SRV record on your internal domain name server.

The client can then automatically discover Cisco Unified Communications Manager and retrieve the service profile to get directory integration configuration.

To set up service discovery to support service profiles, you must:
  •  

Deploy the _cisco-uds SRV record on your internal domain name server.

•  

Ensure that the client can resolve the domain name server address.

•  

Ensure that the client can resolve the hostname of Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

•  

Ensure that the client can resolve the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.