Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - 10mb profile file created

mal-smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Every time you open Jabber for Windows a 10mb date stamped file is created eg. wbxtra_datestamp.WBT under JabberCPPWerx folder in users profile, application data.

One question is there a way to customise where this file goes, as our profiles are limited in size to 50mb, and by opening Jabber it causes profile to exceed there limit, which if rolling out to an organisation would not be user friendly.

Thanks in advance

Mal                

6 Replies 6

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Mal,

Is this Cisco Jabber for Windows Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop deployment? If so, can you tell me what version is the Citrix Version.

I can then research on the issue you are seeing.

Regards,

Jas

Hi Jas,

We run zenDesktop, not on Citrix at this stage. Our software deployment group found the jabberwerx.dll creates the 10mb file and puts it in application data in your profile.

They are unable to access to change the location. I'm surprised others haven't experienced this problem.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers

Mal

tim.wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

we have the same problem.

Actually we are trying to bring Jabber on our Citrix XenApp 6 environment.

Our AppData/Roaming Folders are redirected, anyway jabber is filling up our profiles rapidly.

Im happy for any help.

Tim

Fixed it.

We had an GPO with Folder Redirection for the AppData(Roaming) Folder.

Ive deactivated this Rule and we now have only 2 Files with 10MB from Jabber.

So there was a problem with syncing back the roaming folders in combination with jabber.

so far so good

Tim

rheadon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

These are log files and they reserve 10MB when they are created.  It is wrong that they are created in the roaming folder -- they should be in the same location as the other Jabber log files.  There is an open high priority CDET to track this issue.

Thanks,

Rob.

Thanks Rob,

Can you reference the bug ID so that we can keep track?

Regards,

Kamran