cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 12.0.1 error

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

An end user upgraded to J4W v12.0.1 is occasionally seeing the following error, has anyone else come across this?

"Your port range has reached its limit. You can’t make a call at the moment."

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Just wondering if you have SharePortRangeStart configured. Try Signing out/In

SharePortRangeStart

Applies to Cisco Jabber for Windows.

This parameter is used with SharePortRangeSize to specify a port range to use when users share their screen from a chat window.

If you do not configure these parameters, then the client uses the default port range for IM screen share, 49152 to 65535. For more information on default port ranges, see the topic on Ports and Protocols in the Cisco Jabber Planning Guide.

The value you enter specifies the start of the port range. The minimum value is 1024. The value cannot exceed 65535 minus theSharePortRangeSize.

Example:
<Policies> 
<SharePortRangeStart>45130</SharePortRangeStart> 
<SharePortRangeSize>100</SharePortRangeSize> 
</Policies> 
This example gives the port range 45130 to 45230.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  No this parameter is not set.  Are you suggesting it should be, or (as I suspect) that if it is this could be the issue?  I'm also not sure how/why the error would be generated when attempting a simple audio call?

Hi, this can be a really good article I also face the Jabber for Windows 12.0.1 error then we can try all possible ideas to resolve the bugs be restart, reinstall the driver but we cannot get the best solution then we can contact at Windows Technical Support it also provide service how to Uninstallation of applications,Activation to Installation assistance,Driver recovery assistance,Help in setting up an Admin account

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: