cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.6.0.17088 (Dec 18 2013) without using AnyConnect

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Someone thought that the newest Jabber for Windows 9.6.0.17088. (December 18 2013) client can connect back (via https like Lync can)  without having to manually launch a VPN client. I can’t find that featurein the release notes.  Does it not have it?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe it should have that feature for Collaboration Edge, cannot confirm right now

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Jabber iOS 9.6 release has not hit FCS so any builds you have are protected under an NDA and cannot be discussed here; that's why Jaime also cannot comment. The early release programs require you to be enrolled in TestFlight and your device UUID is embedded directly in the code (i.e. whitelisted). So, this would mean you should have an open line of communication with the BU or an EAP team that you could post this question to.

Speaking generically, and not making statements as to what will or won't be in the 9.6.0 build, the remote access solution for Jabber clients is Collaboration Edge, based on Cisco Expressway. This is the logical equivalent to a Lync Edge pool, though their actual functionality and architecture may differ slightly.