cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - bar at top of screen

Chris Penny
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have Jabber for Windows 11.5 deployed in my on-premise environment. I've noticed this same issue on previous versions as well.

The issue I am having is when a user shares their screen with me. There is a bar at the top of the window that allows me to ask for control, go to full screen, etc. I cannot get this bar to go away. Because of this, I am unable to access that part of the user's screen when I take control.

I am not talking about the docked window...

When I have a user on a laptop share their screen, I don't have the same issue. This makes me think it has something to do with screen size, resolution, or something along those lines.

Is anyone else seeing this, and if so has anyone found a way to correct it?

I'm attaching screen shots of one share session that was affected and one that wasn't.

4 Replies 4

mcawesomept
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having this annoying issue.

would appreciate if someone had a way to hide this thing

Jinto Alakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Try this,

To disable the instant messaging toolbar:

1. Launch Cisco Jabber.
  2. Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access settings.
  3. Go to the View menu, then click to remove the checkmark from Show docked window.

let me know if it helps :)

I think you are confusing the docked window on top of the screen with the hover bar that shows when you are sharing the screen.

Please look at the screenshots for details

Chris Penny is not talking about docked window!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: