cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows don't want CTI or Softphone still shows Red X on bottom over phone

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Customer doesn't want to use CTI Deskphone or Softphone mode with Jabber for Windows.    They want to chat only and see if they have any Voicemails.  So I created a UC Service Profile names IMP-No-CTI and set the CTI Profile to none.  However the client shows a big red X and Help > Connnection Status shows a Yellow Triangle Warning with Connection Error.  This is red X is causing end users to think something is wrong on their PC with Jabber and call into helpdesk for a couple thousand user rolllout.

How do we get the Jabber client not to give a CTI warning when CTI/Softphone are intentionally disabled?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't, we have no option to remove those icons, might want to submit a PER on that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

what would happen if I made a jabber-config.xml with Telephony_Enabled=false?  Would that work to prevent the "CTI Manager is not configured" error?

I've honestly never tried that, not sure if that would work.

HTH

java

Thinking this over I can't do that.  I have some users with CTI Deskphone / Softphone enabled and some without.  If they all get the same jabber-config.xml with Telephony_Enabled=false then I will have problems.  So far no solution other than PERS.

Why not use a specific .xml for those users???

HTH

java