cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows IM 9.0.5 transform file

perrymcgrew
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded and applied the mst to the msi.  Opened the MSI (with SuperOrca) to modify the necessary fields.  I noticed that there are many more fields in the Properties Table than in the 9.0.4 release.  I pushed the upgrade out and most of my clients have upgraded w/o problem.  However, I did have a few that did not go successfully -- it seemed that their settings were WebEx instead of CUP -- which is what is specified.  Also the server address was a URL instead of the CUP server name.  I searched the for the URL in the Properties table with no luck. 

I was wondering if there was any docs that list the meanings / values of the Properties Table.  I would like to make sure I have all the values specified correctly.

Thx -- Perry

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Perry,

This information can be found in "Use Custom Installers" section of Jabber for Windows admin guide.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks Maqsood,

I have seen that doc....it does not seem to contain all the variables I am looking for.  Most of my clients successfully upgraded from the 9.0(4) to 9.0(5).  A few did not....the failing upgrades always seem to be in the Login Server fields.  I haev to manually specify the Server and the Domain instead of "Use the default server".  I don't like to use the "Following Server" field because is it true that if my Pub goes down, the client will as wel?

Perry