Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows Video calling in Deskphone mode

andersson1970
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does Jabber for windows support video calling in deskphone mode? I have 7942 IP Phone, VT advantage camera on Laptop and Jabber clinet insatlled on laptop. Can i make video callng with Jabber in Deskphone mode?

It is not working please help.

Regards,

Andy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

maoflynn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andy,

Yes, Jabber for Windows supports video calling in deskphone mode.

You'll need to install the Cisco Media Service Interface specific to your version of Jabber and correctly configure Jabber for Deskphone Video.

Please follow these instructions to configure Deskphone Video:

Once completed, if you run Jabber you should see the following when you open the Connection Status window (Help > Show connection status):

Regards,

Matt

View solution in original post

Hi Anderssson,

Yes, Jabber for Windows supports video call in Deskphone mode (where Jabber is CTI controlling the deskphone - which transmits the audio and the video is via the PC). The PC must be tethered to the phone and the additional (medianet / cdp) msi installed for deskphone video to operate (not required for Softphone or when Jabber is simply in CTI deskphone control mode with no media on the PC.

Phone must be video-enabled in CUCM, and if phone is a video phone then camera has to be removed.

Deskphone video works in the 7900 series of phones using SCCP only. It is not supported with SIP on these phones

Further details on these features are available in “Set Up Unified Communications” section in Admin guide.

Regards,

Nebojsa

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

maoflynn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andy,

Yes, Jabber for Windows supports video calling in deskphone mode.

You'll need to install the Cisco Media Service Interface specific to your version of Jabber and correctly configure Jabber for Deskphone Video.

Please follow these instructions to configure Deskphone Video:

Once completed, if you run Jabber you should see the following when you open the Connection Status window (Help > Show connection status):

Regards,

Matt

Si me aparece status no disponible y motivo desconocido cual es la solucion

donde puedo checarlo si los links ya no estan funcionando

Hi Anderssson,

Yes, Jabber for Windows supports video call in Deskphone mode (where Jabber is CTI controlling the deskphone - which transmits the audio and the video is via the PC). The PC must be tethered to the phone and the additional (medianet / cdp) msi installed for deskphone video to operate (not required for Softphone or when Jabber is simply in CTI deskphone control mode with no media on the PC.

Phone must be video-enabled in CUCM, and if phone is a video phone then camera has to be removed.

Deskphone video works in the 7900 series of phones using SCCP only. It is not supported with SIP on these phones

Further details on these features are available in “Set Up Unified Communications” section in Admin guide.

Regards,

Nebojsa

Hi

do you have an idea of ​​how the camera is removed on a Cisco 8945 Phone?

Regards,

Christoph

Hi Cristoph,

please follow instructions in user guide.

Regards,

Nebojsa

Thanks Christoph & Nebojsa solution provide by you worked and now i am able to use laptop camera for video calls.

I have another query, can i right click on a number in word, excel or internet explorer and make a call using Jabber? It this functionality available in Jabber?

nestor gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1
Una duda ya instale jabber y msi pero en status me marca como desconocido el videotelefono
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: