Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - wildcard search against LDAP directory

m.ranger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have set up an on premise environment with CUCM, CUPS and a 3rd party LDAP Directory. For CUPC everything is working fine. For Jabber for Windows it took me some time to find the correct jabber-config.xml settings to make it working.

At the moment I am able to search the LDAP Directory, but I have to write the complete Name, i.e. "Miller, John", in the search field. If I try it with "Miller" only, I get no results for my search.

I played arround with the  <UseWildcards>0</UseWildcards>  tag without any changes in the behaviour.

Is there anybody who can help?

Best regards

Manfred

4 Replies 4

m.ranger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

in the last few days this discussion got lots of views, but no answer. Does this mean that this is a common problem with LDAP directory integrations and does it mean that nobody has an answer to it?

Do you all have the same problems like I or does your search request with partial search entries work better?

Best regards

Manfred

m.ranger,

we are using our AD Global for Ldap, but I can search by the spelling you are requesting...

"miller, b", and it shows our two entries to choose from, ie Bill or Betty.

can you send me your config of the jabber-config.xml?

b

Hi Manfred,

Jabber for Windows has been tested with following directory services:

Supported Directories

• Microsoft Active Directory  2003
  • Microsoft Active Directory  2008
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data Service UDS  is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8.6.2 or later.
  • OpenLDAP

The behavior you are seeing could be related to interop issues. I suggest to open a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

hi bhough,

my directory is not AD, I connect against a ldap directory. In case of AD, I can search as described by you.

My configuration:

ou=mrtest,dc=mrtest

cn  

displayName

cn

Best regards

Manfred