cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber IM iOS - Status Busy

SHAWN EFTINK
Level 5
Level 5

One quick note. I liked it better when my iPhone App kicked me out of my Windows desktop app and vice versa. I wish we could go back to only being in one app at a time (iPhone, iPad, Windows) and be forced out of the others.

Now to my original question...
I've noticed since the last upgrade that every time I log into my iPhone app the status defaults to Busy. I change it to Available. Then when I check it later, it's Busy again. What triggers Busy? Is there any way to change it?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try going into Settings > Status > Automatic Away and setting it to Off.

As for the multi-device login support: XMPP is supposed to work this way. Cisco screwed it up at first by using the same Resource ID portion of the JID in all of their clients. They have [thankfully] fixed that. From now on new IM conversations will be forked to all your devices until you respond from a device. Once you respond the remainder of that IM conversation will only go to that device.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.