Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber in Phone Mode, breaks Lync Presence in Outlook

Dear Community,

this is a reference to this thread:https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12316076/jabber-phone-mode-breaks-presence-outlook-lync

Due to the EoS of Jabber Video (Movi), I have a lot of customers who want to migrate to Jabber for Windows. Some of them are using Lync for IM+P and would like to deploy Jabber in Phone_Mode for video conferencing. No problem so far, but Jabber overwrites the Lync presence settings in the registry, which breaks the presence information in Outlook.

In my opinion this is not necessary in Phone mode, no presence is used on the Jabber client at all.

Is there any solution or workaround for my issue? I have a lot of customers who are just waiting to get this resolved to finally migrate from Movi to Jabber 10.5

EDIT: I found a open bug ID but it was last modified 1 year ago...

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCui60268/

Alex

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you don’t want to use Jabber for IM&Presence you should use Jabber in Phone mode.

If you want to disable the Jabber’s interaction/integration with Outlook (i.e. contact card) you should disable Click2X plugin (responsible for integration):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0101.html#JABW_RF_CE43EF4C_00

Hope it helps

Thanks

Tapan

View solution in original post

Tapan,

Thanks. Manage to got it working with Cisco Jabber on Windows (version 9.7.4) with Click2X disabled when install in Phone Mode.

Now I have the presence info populated to Outlook and MS Office app from LYNC again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dave Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, we are also facing same issue. Currently using LYNC for IM & Presence.

We are not able to roll out Cisco Jabber for Windows (Phone mode) due to this presence information are broken in MS Outlook and Office applications once Cisco Jabber for Windows (Phone mode) are installed.

Folllowing this... Hopefully Cisco has a resolution for this...

If you don’t want to use Jabber for IM&Presence you should use Jabber in Phone mode.

If you want to disable the Jabber’s interaction/integration with Outlook (i.e. contact card) you should disable Click2X plugin (responsible for integration):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0101.html#JABW_RF_CE43EF4C_00

Hope it helps

Thanks

Tapan

Tapan,

Thanks. Manage to got it working with Cisco Jabber on Windows (version 9.7.4) with Click2X disabled when install in Phone Mode.

Now I have the presence info populated to Outlook and MS Office app from LYNC again.

hmm, unfortunately that's not working on my side. I tried to install a fresh downloaded copy of Jabber 10.5(2) with the following command line:

msiexec.exe CLEAR=1 /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLICK2X=DISABLE

but this changes nothing. I tried it several times with different commands in different orders but no luck :(

I always cleared the appropriate folders in C:\Program Files (x86), C:\ProgramData, %APPDATA%\local and %APPDATA%\roaming

any other idea? It looks like I would be 95% there.

got it working.

It didn't work with 10.5.2 but it DID work with 9.7 and the command line above. After installing 9.7 I was able to make an upgrade to 10.5.1 and that worked well, too.

Now I am afraid to install 10.5.2, maybe there is a bug which breaks the CLICK2X=DISABLE flag in this version.

Thanks a lot for the very good tips!

I didn't tried it with Jabber 10.x as the Cisco doc with the optiom to disable Click2X was referring to Jabber 9.7.x. We uninstall the previous Jabber that was causing the presence issue, verify that the presence info is populated fm LYNC to MS Outlook and app before installing Jabber 9.7.4 with the Click2X disabled. As we are deploying Jabber in Phone Mode, we don't see the needs to upgrade it to 10.x.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: