Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Iphone -- Move frm LTE to Wifi

expert,

In Jabber MRA

Will Jabber Iphone able to move swiftly between LTE and WIFI and other way aorund?

Or we  need to logout ad log back in evrytime we move from LTE to Wifi?

What other issus we normally have when have Jabber Iphone thru Expressway ?

Thanks,

K

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you enable push notifications (via "cloud onboarding" in the UCM), the iPhone will receive a push notification for voice/video calls as well as IM traffic, when it and the collab systems are connected to the Apple cloud.

The application can otherwise go dormant and not wake up, causing the phone to unregister or IMs to not be received after a period of time.

The old method to hold voice open, voipsocket, is still available and can be configured in Jabber, however, I didn't have any luck with that keeping the client alive for a prolonged period of time.

View solution in original post

You cannot use peer to peer file transfer over mobile and remote access. If you've set up or arranged for managed file transfer, then it works fine. This only applies if you're using IM and Presence on premise.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In my experience with it, with APNs setup, it will migrate reasonably well. It will not handoff a call, this is not supported. On iOS mobile there isn’t a lot lost to MRA, save for file transfer if you don’t use MFT. Hunt group support just recently arrived.

Thanks Adam,

But I don't understand your statement here:

On iOS mobile there isn’t a lot lost to MRA, save for file transfer if you don’t use MFT

K

You cannot use peer to peer file transfer over mobile and remote access. If you've set up or arranged for managed file transfer, then it works fine. This only applies if you're using IM and Presence on premise.

Hi Adam,

What is different with no APN ? Is there any special scenario we cant do without APN

In my situation , even thought IPhone MRA on background mode,  I still get a call.

Thanks,

K

If you enable push notifications (via "cloud onboarding" in the UCM), the iPhone will receive a push notification for voice/video calls as well as IM traffic, when it and the collab systems are connected to the Apple cloud.

The application can otherwise go dormant and not wake up, causing the phone to unregister or IMs to not be received after a period of time.

The old method to hold voice open, voipsocket, is still available and can be configured in Jabber, however, I didn't have any luck with that keeping the client alive for a prolonged period of time.

Hi Adam,

Do you have doc on how to do this ?

K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: