cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MSI command VM server. No MWI light

CARLO CALABRESE
Level 1
Level 1

Have customer without a IM&P server. So we have to install jabber with a command line.

I can't get the MWI light to work.

Is there an option to add the IP address of the VM server in the command line?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That information is in the on-prem deployment guide, there is no need for the majority of those CLI switches as you can easily provide the same information via the jabber-config.xml or the services profile in CUCM if your version has it. That allows for easy modification from a central place instead of having to change the CLI switches on every machine if you need to update something.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That information is in the on-prem deployment guide, there is no need for the majority of those CLI switches as you can easily provide the same information via the jabber-config.xml or the services profile in CUCM if your version has it. That allows for easy modification from a central place instead of having to change the CLI switches on every machine if you need to update something.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes in my xml file, i have:

<VoicemailPrimaryServer>10.10.10.10</VoicemailPrimaryServer
<VoicemailService_UseCredentialsFrom>phone</VoicemailService_UseCredentialsFrom>

so for the CredentialsFrom, should I put the VM servers address:
<VoicemailService_UseCredentialsFrom>10.10.10.10</VoicemailService_UseCredentialsFrom>

becasue they install from a CMD line, Jabber will not let me add the VM server's address

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: