Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Not able to login "

jsulliva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having trouble with Jabber failing to login.   It says "incorrect username or password".  

1. Would someone know exactly how to debug this?  I've tripled checked that the username and password in the Windows 2008 domain controller.
  2. I am using windows Jabber 10.6(4) with 8.6x CUCM, CUPS and Unity Servers. I didn't see any requirement for specific Jabber version for Windows to work with these.
  3. Is the jabber client need to point to the CUPS server or Domain controller?

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can pull a PRT to try and find out what's going wrong, have you ruled out DNS issues?? and mistakes in the CUCM/CUPS config??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

hitekuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joe,

This issue could be because of many reasons. Firstly, as you mentioned you are using LDAP on CUCM to import users, can you confirm if you are able to login with the same username/password on CM and CUPS user webpage?

If NOT, then this could be a LDAP synchronization issue. You might want to disable LDAP Authentication and then try the CM/CUPS enduser webpage login (after disabling the LDAP Authentication, you can change the password on the fly for the test enduser on CM). Also, the way you are integrating AD with CUCM matters, i.e. Secured or Unsecured (port 389/3268 or 636/3269). Secured communication requires Certificate (SSL) exchange between AD and CM/CUPS servers.

If YES (you are able to login to both CM and CUPS end user webpage), then try restarting the Cisco XCP Authentication serviceon CUP server through CUPS Serviceability webpage and try again. If still, this doesn't resolves your problem, you need to collect the Problem Report from the Jabber client and open up a ticket with TAC to expedite further.

Let me know, if the above resolves or you progress somewhat but still face any issue.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can pull a PRT to try and find out what's going wrong, have you ruled out DNS issues?? and mistakes in the CUCM/CUPS config??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hitekuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joe,

This issue could be because of many reasons. Firstly, as you mentioned you are using LDAP on CUCM to import users, can you confirm if you are able to login with the same username/password on CM and CUPS user webpage?

If NOT, then this could be a LDAP synchronization issue. You might want to disable LDAP Authentication and then try the CM/CUPS enduser webpage login (after disabling the LDAP Authentication, you can change the password on the fly for the test enduser on CM). Also, the way you are integrating AD with CUCM matters, i.e. Secured or Unsecured (port 389/3268 or 636/3269). Secured communication requires Certificate (SSL) exchange between AD and CM/CUPS servers.

If YES (you are able to login to both CM and CUPS end user webpage), then try restarting the Cisco XCP Authentication serviceon CUP server through CUPS Serviceability webpage and try again. If still, this doesn't resolves your problem, you need to collect the Problem Report from the Jabber client and open up a ticket with TAC to expedite further.

Let me know, if the above resolves or you progress somewhat but still face any issue.

HTH

Thank you Hitesh for the detailed feedback and really good information!  I will follow what you mentioned and follow-up on this thread.

Joe

In the end I believe it was a DNS and LDAP issue.   The reverse records in the DNS server were fine, but I noticed I couldn't ping the publisher server by its name.  We checked CUPS and CUCM and made adjustments to LDAP integration as well as modifying the DNS name in the DHCP settings on the router itself.   What we discovered later after logging in was that setting up the jabber client was a new process:)   We had a blast setting it up and thought it was a very cool program. 

We ended up linking it to an IPad but that couldn't get its profile, but voice mail worked.

We made a video once it completed, were very happy with Jabber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GprO-o1kiG0