cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on Samsung Galaxy SII - OneWayAudio

Henk.Lasker_2
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Jabber 8.6.1.842 on a Samsung Galaxy SII (model GT-I9100) (Android Version 2.3.3)

When I initiate a call from a Cisco phone (79xx) I get One-Way-Audio (audio only from the 79xx to the Samsung)

When I initiate a call from the Samsung to a 79xx phone, there is no problem

So I installed the same Jabber version on a HTC (Android version 2.2), and used the same device-id as the Samsung, connected and there

was no problem, normal two-way-audio.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

My quick reaction is that there is an issue with this version of Jabber in combination with the Samsung Galaxy SII

I use CUCM version 8.5.1.11900-21

thx for the help in advance

Henk

32 Replies 32

Which rom and version of gingerbread are you using. I had the same problem but eversince last update of jabber its working fine now.

Regards,

Usman Taokeer

Sent from Mobile Device.

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

I installed the Cisco Jabber on Samsung S2 but it gives me the following

ERROR "Please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"

The error looks like Cisco Jabber can¹t resolve the CUCM host.  There is a known bug in Android OS, where non-FQDN host names are not resolvable.  Cisco Jabber has provide a solution to using non-FQDN CUCM hostname by adding a domain field in the product specific configuration.

Please refer to the Admin Guide for more information on configuring the domain in the product specific configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/8_6/JABA_BK_A940B90D_00_jabber-for-android-admin-guide_chapter_0100.html#JABA_RF_CED87860_00

If the value in                      System > Server                     in Cisco Unified Communications Manager is a hostname without a domain, enter                     your domain name in the                      Domain Name field in the                      Cisco Dual Mode for Android device page.