cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Photo Integration with Active Directory

Chris Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

Having an issue here. I update the "thumbnailPhoto" attribute in active directory everything works just fine.

I update my jabber-config.xml 

<Directory>

<PhotoSource>thumbnailPhoto</PhotoSource>

</Directory>

so that it will pull from there when jabber launches.. however it does not. the only sure way i can get the photo to update after i updated AD is to right click on their user account and do view profile. Then the picture shows up.

jabber for windows 10.6.0

cucm 10.5.2.10000

im and p 10.5.2.10000

2 Replies 2

Chris Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

answer to my question..

edit on jabber-config.xml

REMOVED:

<Directory>

<PrimaryServerName>192.168.100.50</PrimaryServerName>

<ServerPort1>389</ServerPort1>

<SecondaryServerName>192.168.100.51</SecondaryServerName>

<ServerPort2>389</ServerPort2>

<BusinessPhone>ipPhone</BusinessPhone>

<SearchBase1>OU=TEST,DC=contoso,DC=state,DC=us,DC=world</SearchBase1>

</Directory>

added:
 <Directory>

<PhotoSource>thumbnailPhoto</PhotoSource>

<BusinessPhone>ipPhone</BusinessPhone>

</Directory>
In CM administration page user management> users settings> service profile> click find to find a profile. Go into the profile and unselect the "user UDS for Contract Resolution" for every profile. This way it only uses information from Active directory and not the call manager database.
as of jabber 10.6.0 for windows the picture will only update if it is a new photo. if there is an existing photo already stored in the users photo cache C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Photo Cache it will not update. the picture. it will only update if you right click>view profile. To get the latest pictures on everyone click on the gear icon and click sign out, then click the gear icon again and click file> reset cisco jabber.

Hi Chris,

Absolutely right. But I would suggest you to enter these AD credentials and search base on the service profile page so as these are not exported to all end users through jabber-config.xml file.