Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Screen control

rabdallah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM version 14 installed in a LAB environment. What I am trying to achieve is use Jabber version 14 for video calls, screen sharing and take screen control. Video calls and screen sharing are working fine however I cannot figure out how to take screen control of the remote party who is sharing his screen. I cannot find a button or option to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This only worked amongst Windows computers that can reach one another on the LAN/WAN. Not over MRA and not from/with a Mac. Jabber initiated an RDP connection. Because of these caveats you have to toggle a few parameters on for it to be enabled.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-129/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-129_chapter_01000.html#CJAB_RF_I49C083F_00

Thank you Jonathan for your reply. In my setup jabber clients are are installed on Windows computers on the same subnet. There is no  firewall restriction.. Do you happen to have instructions I can follow to enable screen control. I searched for the information with no luck

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar issue. I am using jabber in VDI environment and could not find request remote control in jabber. I am using CUCM and IMP 12.5 and Jabber 14.2? Any idea how can make this happen?

MxHadi
Level 1
Level 1

as far as i know,

you need "CUWL Pro" license, for screen control feature..

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --

That is incorrect @MxHadi, this was not dependent upon a UWL Pro license.

For everyone else, did you enable EnableP2PDesktopShare per the documentation link I shared above?