cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Search - CUCM Local User and LDAP User

stevenle
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have Jabber desktop version 11.8.4 for Windows with CUCM 11.5.1. The Jabber xml file uses an EDI directory type and we can search our LDAP users just fine and add distribution groups and all. The problem I'm facing is we have quite a few common areas that have phone listings. For instance our Mailroom. If users want to call the Mailroom from Jabber there is no user in LDAP for the mailroom and so they can't find a listing / phone number to call. Simple, I thought. I would just add a local user to CUCM, add a phone number and voila....Jabber would read the local directory in CUCM and present the number to call.

This doesn't work though. Does Jabber in an EDI Directory type search through LDAP and the local CUCM database? I would rather not have to add AD users for each common area just so that the phone numbers are listed in Jabber.

How have others solved this issue? Thanks for the feedback. 

Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Jabber uses only ONE directory, either LDAP OR UDS.

If you wish Jabber to be able to search local CUCM users, you need to use UDS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Jabber uses only ONE directory, either LDAP OR UDS.

If you wish Jabber to be able to search local CUCM users, you need to use UDS.

HTH

java

Does it have to be an LDAP user? There are LDAP / Exchange server contacts as well without it being a user that has an account with a password. Think that would work? So far in testing, it hasn't panned out.

I would be remiss to have to create an AD account for generic areas throughout the organization just so they can be called in Jabber. However it's important enough to do so if there is no other way to accomplish this company wide.

You'd need to adjust your LDAP filters to include those users in the search.

Via directory, there is no other way, you use one directory source.

Otherwise, you might want to look into creating custom tabs with that information.

HTH

java

Thank you for the assistance.