cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UDS directory search

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to stop UDS directory search in Jabber?  Or at least limit the directory instead of pulling all of CUCM directory?  

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, UDS is a flat directory, you cannot change this.

You can only choose between UDS or an LDAP integration where you can configure the search scope.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So I can tell Jabber to use LDAP instead of UDS and then modify my users in LDAP?  How do I tell Jabber to use LDAP instead of UDS?  Is UDS the only option for MRA or can I say use LDAP?  

Actually, the default is to use LDAP, not UDS, if you're using UDS, that was configured by someone.

The Jabber documentation covers the LDAP integration in a whole chapter, and explains all the integration options and configuration, have you already reviewed the Jabber documentation??

UDS is the only option if you're not using CUCM/IM&P 11.5 and the latest Jabber releases for MRA.

If you're already on 11.5, you can use UDS to proxy the directory requests to LDAP over MRA.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am using jabber 11.5.2 and CUCM 10.5.  I have reviewed some not all of the jabber documentation, thanks I will look into LDAP and why it is set to UDS might be my jabber config file or UC service got messed up

Hello Jaime, Jabber used UDS directory and CUCM configured as UDS server. Is there any way to see internal and mobil phone number for jabber users in directory. 

Thanks a lot.