Views
Helpful
Replies

resetting missed calls

Warriors#30
Level 1
Level 1

This is for Jabber for Windows.

When I miss a phone call, the Jabber icon in the Windows launchpad has a red circle that shows the number of missed calls.  Likewise, in the Jabber window, in the left pane, the 'Recents' icon has a red circle and the number of missed calls.  And in the Recents display, the name of the caller is in red.  

How do I reset it to remove the red circle?  The only way I found was to right click on the missed call and select 'delete'.  But my preference is to keep the name and phone number there in case I want to return the call at a later date.   

That is, I would like to right click on the call and then have an action to 'reset' or maybe 'ignore' so that it is no longer counted as a missed call.

6 Replies 6

Warriors#30
Level 1
Level 1

How do I submit a request for enhancement?

You need to reach out to your SE/AM to submit a PER.

I have Jabber 11.9 and that's not what I see, if I place a call, and the other end doesn't answer or I hang up before they do, I do get the notification in recents. Once I click on that option, I'll see the call on top of the list, but once I move to contacts (or any other option) the red circle with the number goes away immediately.

No need to delete any calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Responding to this in case anyone else stumbles over this post like I did when looking for how to get rid of the red number.

@Jaime Valencia wrote:

once I move to contacts (or any other option) the red circle with the number goes away immediately.

This is the key element. It feels counter-intuitive to me - like the OP I was looking for an option to get rid of the red number - but it works as described, just choose another category and the red number disappears.

Cheers, Steve

This is my experience as well.  However, i don't want to see any "Recents" notifications for calls. I use my desk phone (not Jabber) for all calls, and even though I have unchecked the box in Options | Notifications for "All Incoming Calls" I still get the popup. it's irritating since all I really want to see is new chat responses.

xc70volvo
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunatelly you couldn't resett the calls, if you realised you don't need this call information, just right click on that call marked red and delete!

guzintazknott
Level 1
Level 1

You could just right-click the call, select Call With Edit, then cancel the call.  The red circle should go awat.