Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber VDI Client install Fails on Windows X64

smadhok_17
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Cisco community,

Am trying to install the Jabber VDI client on my Windows 10 laptop and the install continually fails saying a Citrix ICA client is required. I already have the Citrix Workspace app installed and use it regularly.

Trying to read up some documentation, I quote below the official cisco documentation

"For Citrix, the installer searches in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\Install\ICA Client for the path to the Citrix installation"

When I check this, I see the key in the registry located at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client" (no Install in the path before the ICA Client). Tried to add a new key, but am not able to since the OS says I dont have access to add/edit keys under Cisco folder.

I should mention that the Citrix Workspace app was upgraded recently (30th Aug 2021), I am not sure if the VDI app needs to be updated post this upgrade of Citrix workspace. I do think the Zoom VDI app needed to be updated, as well.

Has anyone else faced the issue while installed the Cisco JVDI app recently? Any workarounds folks can propose?

Appreciate the help.

Cheers, 

Stay Safe 

0 Replies 0