Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video Phonebook showing old entries

Hello,

So this may be a quick one for everyone here.  We recently upgraded to 14.2.2 and the phonebooks are all up and running but on the client end, old user addresses (most likely from history) are showing.  We cant seem to clear these out of the individual clients.  This is on both PC and MAC.  Attached is a picture of the Jabber Video phone book.  All of our users are  username@vistaprint.net, .movi is a carry over on the client itself from the previous version of tms 13.2.1, when we upgraded we created a new DB and our new TMS was fresh and we had to build from scratch (on purpose).  .Movi is not coming from the phonebook source, just the client.

Ideas?

Thank you,

Liam

4 Replies 4

reuben.guerrero
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing this same behavior with users and room systems that get new DID's or name changes.

Interesting this seems to be occuring on alot of users.  A major problem we have noticed is if I move someone in and out of AD security group, the phonebooks will not show up for at least a day if not two, even after everything is properly updated. 

Keep in mind we have over 1500 jabber video users and the caching is happening on a good amount of them.

I am seeing this as well.

Running TMS 14.2.2 with Jabber 4.5.7.16762.  About 50 users.

I'm seeing it when I rename systems.  The new name of the system shows up but the old version remains in the Jabber clients phonebooks.

We figured this out... to a point.  We went back and cleared all of the Jabber phone books and re added them (sources and all).  Once this was done the old entries dissapeared but over time when names changed it would not update on time but eventually it would.  We found out there is a hard code time for Jabber video and provisioning extension based units to update their information and it is sometime around 3AM.  The rest of our duplicates and old data was able to be cleared on clients themselves, mostly favorites and history that would show up when we were typing in a search.  This can be done from the settings icon on the clients themselves.  Took a little time but we got it.  Also endpoint favorites turned out to be a big culperate of holding onto the old information.  Clear all of those and you will be in the best possible standing until the bugs are fixed.

Liam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: