Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Voice Services Domain - Authentication Response from CUCM

ensjsprunger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a customer with 5 Cluster SME installation that currently has Jabber (IM&P and Softphone) deployed in their legacy environment. They wish to move this to the new environment (Jabber Phone Only, no IM&P) in concert with the phone migrations that we will be performing. Their DNS records currently point to the legacy CUCM cluster which is a leaf of the new SME and has ILS/GDPR configured and working correctly. My question is this, if I delete the CSF profile and remove the legacy "Enable User for IM & Presence" check box in the end user profile can I then create the CSF in the correct new leaf and have it authenticate and connect properly without changing DNS records (since there are multiple clusters, this would create an issue itself)? I have read the SRND and I know that ILS (when configured correctly) should allow for remote Directory URIs to be forwarded too for authentication, but since the LDAP user profile will still exist in the legacy system, will it answer there and never ask the other clusters? Thank you all in advance for your time. This is version 12.5. 

-Justin

0 Replies 0