cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Windows 9.2.1 disconnects from voicemail shortly after login

Steve Snodgrass
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a weird problem with Jabber for Windows (9.2.1 build 606).  I'm using it with CUCM, IMP and Unity Connection, all version 9.1.  When I first start the client and log in, access to voicemail messages works fine for about 30-60 seconds, then the voicemail server suddenly disconnects - the voicemail tab is then blank and the connection status show as "Not connected".  If I sign out and sign back in without closing the client, I get another short window where I can access voicemail, then it disconnects again.  Any idea what is going on here??

This is basically a new setup, though at one point I did have voicemail working properly with an older version of the Jabber client.

6 Replies 6

Steve Snodgrass
Level 1
Level 1

I just downgraded to Jabber 9.1.5 and voicemail works fine, no connection dropping.  I will open a TAC case.

Hi steve,

Im facing same problem with jabber client 10.5.

Did you open TAC case ? How did you solve ur issue ?

Regards,

Steve Snodgrass
Level 1
Level 1

Alright, I figured this out.  Just in case anyone else runs into this problem, it is caused when a Jabber 9.2 client has access to TCP port 443 on your Unity Connection server, but can't reach TCP port 7080 (jetty).

Ian Jones
Level 1
Level 1

hi

is this still the case? I have the same issue

No, I fixed it, read my response.

yes I meant is this still a requirements.e to open port 7080 - don;t see it in the port requirments