Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber working on Windows, iMac, iPhon, iPad but NOT Android

Tim Russell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have Jabber clients working on a CUCM/CUPS 8.6 install with iPad, iPhone, iMac and windows PC with only small issues related to Unity Connect, but whatever I do I can't get it to work on my Android Samsung galaxy S III.

I have installed the COP files, and configured the BOT_GALAXY profile as per the guideline yet when I attempt to verify the configuration details on the android device I receive the "Please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again....."

After installing the iPhone COP, the Android COP and the latest Jabber all COP I have restarted the server and then the Tomcat service. All to no avail...

Does have anyone have some idea where I could look to get to the bottom of this ?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ssadorra
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Tim

Have you tried a diff model of Samsung Phone? I believe Samsung Galaxy S II is one that is currently supported by the Jabber for Android cleint (with Android OS 2.3.3 or OS 2.3.6)

Hope this works you

-sheila

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tim Russell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

*Nudge*

ssadorra
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Tim

Have you tried a diff model of Samsung Phone? I believe Samsung Galaxy S II is one that is currently supported by the Jabber for Android cleint (with Android OS 2.3.3 or OS 2.3.6)

Hope this works you

-sheila

Hi Sheila,

Yeah I got the feeling that Android 4.0.4 (Samsung Galaxy SIII) wasn;t supported yet   Looks like I have to wait for a Jabber 'droid update.

Shame I have a demo at a customer tomorrow and I was hoping to show them the full suite, and as I don't have an older 'droid I can't.

Thanks for the answer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: