cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Let's Encrypt, multiple Expresway-E clusters and collab-edge record.

pclarkson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,
I have a question regarding Let's Encrypt and multiple Expresway-E clusters. I am looking to run MRA on 2 clusters and I have the platform setup and working in test however I am not able to add the collab-edge.voicedomain.com into both Expressway-E cluster certs. We use the voicedomain as our company domain for Web and email so I cannot use the DNS option for Let's Encrypt.

If I have a single A-record in collab-edge.voicedomain.com then I can bind it to the certs for that cluster, as soon as I add in a 2nd A record for my other cluster both stop working. I can update the A record as I certify each cluster however to use the automatic renewal feature then this fails when more than 1 A record is setup on collab-edge.voicedomain.com to different expressway clusters. Am I missing something fundametnal, do I need to use GeoDNS for this or is there no way to use this on multiple clusters.

I'm trying to use Lets Encrypt to ease the yearly renewal process across the clusters, I know I can purchase a commercial ssl certificate but if I can get this working and it self renews then its one less Cisco product I need to worry about.

Thanks,
Frustrated Expressway engineer.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: