Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Features

joshc00011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I did not see a policy to disable the use of emoji.  We are currently migrating from the Office Communicator 2007 and it has this feature. 

I also when in Do not Disturb , instant messages still come through.  We should be able to operate in DND mode and allow only certain groups the ability to contact us.

Is there any way to add these features?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When in DND you will still receive IM chat messages but will not get the notification for it.

No possible option to remove the emoticons but as a workaround you can go to the location Program Files(x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\CustomEmoticons and delete/rename the file emoticonDefs.xml

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When in DND you will still receive IM chat messages but will not get the notification for it.

No possible option to remove the emoticons but as a workaround you can go to the location Program Files(x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\CustomEmoticons and delete/rename the file emoticonDefs.xml

Thanks that is helpful. I will delete that file if we need to remove the smileys. Are there any plans to implement a DND status where you will not get any notifications other than from designated team members?  Or a canned response when someone IM's you while in DND status?

Thanks!