cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More information please...

marcusjhdon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to compare the features and pricing of Cisco Quad with competing products (such as Jive, Liferay, Concursive, ThoughtFarmer, MindTouch etc etc), but I'm having trouble finding any detailed information. Please can you tell me where I can find a complete feature list, how I can see a demo (is this site powered by Quad?), how I can find pricing information and where I can see screenshots etc?

Here is a list of the specific features I am looking for:

Essential Features

Single sign-on
    - Saml compatible
Staff directory
    - LDAP search
    - additional (non-LDAP) content
Calendar
    - events
    - meetings
    - define locations and check clashes
    - iCal support
Blogs
    - per user, per group and per company
Forums
Document sharing
    - public, private and restricted
Project collaboration
    - create groups and subgroups
    - private access to blogs, docs etc
    - notifications
API

Desired Features

Organisation chart
Chat
Video chat
Polls
MS Office integration
Mobile sync (contacts and calendar)
Knowledge Base

Thanks

Message was edited on April 28, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community Moderator, modified this post as part of the community restructure.  I moved the post, assigned a new category, and added tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

38 Replies 38

Hi Mike,

Where can I learn more about the Document Repository (library)?

I'm specifically interested in content automation capabilities, meaning the following:

- Upload bulk of documents into Quad document repository (programmatically)

Thanks,

Alexey

Hi Alexey,

I'm chasing down this information - should have it shortly.

Regards,

- Mike

Hi Alexey,

I expect the subject-matter expert on this topic to be back in the office Monday. We should have an answer for you early next week - apologies for the delay.

Regards

-Mike

No problem.

Regards,

Alexey

Hi Mike,

Any news for me?

Thanks,

Alexey

Hi Alexey,

Apologies again for the delayed response. To your question on a programmatic interface for bulk document upload into Quad - that capability is on the immediate roadmap as our SDK evolves but a published interface does not exist in the current shipping product. Regarding the content capabilities of Quad in general: Quad does include a basic content management subsystem with services such as version control. For more robust ECM needs, Quad supports the concept of an external repository provider that supports standards-based and API integration with SharePoint and Documentum. Regarding documentation, as we evolve our SDK and developer community/program, that type of information will become externally available.

- Mike

smcpartlin
Level 1
Level 1

So Quad keeps getting name dropped at Enterprise Connect 2012 but it's not put into a contex us "users" or purchasers can quite get.

Does quad:

1. Still require VMware?  No hyper-V love yet?  I will not run VMware.

2. How easy to intergrate to Sharepoint (currently 2010) and use within the Quad interface?

3. is Oracle still needed?  I'm not running an oracle shop so having to support Oracle is not attractive to me.

4. Is Quad sold as SAS in the Could yet?  If so how would it intergrate with on prem Sharepoint?

5. So how does Quad intergrate with social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquared and the like of those social media services?

Unfortunately SAS seems to make more sense for Quad getting any traction with companies that feel as I've commented above.  I'm not a fan of too much Cloud services... Especially when it's intended to be an intra-net solution.

Sean - sorry for the delay, information below:

1. Still require VMware?  No hyper-V love yet? I will not run VMware.

A: Quad does not support Hyper-V at this time.

2. How easy to integrate to SharePoint (currently 2010) and use within the Quad interface?

A: Quad's architecture supports a document repository abstraction layer that leverages the CMIS standard along      with API's. Integration with SP2010 is not yet certified but would likely leverage this integration approach.

3. is Oracle still needed?  I'm not running an oracle shop so having to support Oracle is not attractive to me.

A: Quad uses oracle as an embedded DBMS. While Oracle is technically required for Quad, it is transparent to      your organization.

4. Is Quad sold as SAS in the Cloud yet?  If so how would it integrate with on prem SharePoint?

A: Future Quad roadmap capabilities should be discussed with your account team, let me know if you need      assistance in contacting them. Cisco is currently looking a multiple different deployment models for Quad with      SaaS/Cloud being a requirement we hear often from customers and the market in general.

5. So how does Quad integrate with social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquared and the like of those social media services?

A: Quad supports standards such as OpenSocial and it's own REST-based APIs that allow developers to      provide access to consumer-based sites.

Unfortunately SAS seems to make more sense for Quad getting any traction with companies that feel as I've commented above.  I'm not a fan of too much Cloud services... Especially when it's intended to be an intra-net solution.

FYI: Quad currently supports deployment models for on-premises and hosted (via a Cisco partner). If      SaaS/Cloud is not a preferred option, then consideration of a hosted-model could be an alternative to an

on-premises implementatio

Regards,

- Mike

Thanks Mike, for sharing Cisco's views on the road-map for Cisco Quad.

As you have mentioned, we have one of our client experimenting on Hosted-model. We are just hours away from launch. Hope it goes on well.

I have few questions, see if you could help me here.

We have 2 different domain controllers within the Client infrastructure. Unfortunately, Quad authenticate on only one DC at any point in time(though it supports upto 3 redundant servers within the same DC). So the plan is to add the users from the other domain manually on to Quad. I understand from a Cisco Rep, that Bulk addition(BAT as in UC) is not possible. But looks wierd, why Bulk addition tool would be missed out on a platform like this. Could you please check with your contacts, if that is true, I would like to suggest that this feature should be in the road-map.

As you have mentioned, yes SharePoint 2010 is certainly in the road-map. We are currently using our 2007 version. What would be the migration plan, if Quad is tested & certified for 2010?

cheers,

Karthik