cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA Jabber phone failure

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

We've got some users that are using Finesse and MRA Jabber. When they go to answer a call they immediately get put into phone failure mode on Jabber. They currently have Jabber 14.2 and EXP X14.2.5. Wonder if they are hitting a bug or something?  

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Works as designed.
Contact Center features are not supported via MRA, because Expressway doesn't support the CTI protocol, which is needed to control the phone.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X14-2/mra/exwy_b_mra-deployment-guide-x142/exwy_m_requirements-for-mra.html#reference_E972FD51DD01E4B64778D1540FA6C892

"The Expressway does not support some Cisco Unified Contact Center Express features for contact center agents or other users who connect over MRA. Jabber for Mac and Jabber for Windows cannot provide deskphone control over MRA, because the Expressway pair does not traverse the CTI-QBE protocol."

MRA is  supported, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_12_5/design/guide/uccx_b_solution-design-guide-125/uccx_b_solution-design-guide-125_chapter_010.html#concept_C8CBAB21342A401179B398D09B3622AA

My agents are using the system this way, A remote agent who runs Jabber with MRA on one client machine and the Finesse desktop with a VPN connection on a second client machine

True that, but I have never seen a customer providing multiple PCs.
Doesn't make any sense for me either. Why have 2 PCs, where 1 is already connected via VPN, instead of having 1 PC with VPN and connected Jabber and the Finesse Client via VPN?

Hi,

If you need to allow Agents to connect to Finesse remotely, one of the options is to let them to connect trhough VPN connection due to CTI protocol incomatibility through MRA.

HTH

Regardds

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"