Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple IM and Presence instances with one CUCM

Hi,

My company has just bought another company. So both have Cisco Unified Communications. Both have almost the same amount of users. Our CUCM is brand new, we are running the 10.5.2 version as well as the IM and Presence Server 10. The other company is running CUCM 8.6 and IM and Presence 8.6 as well. Directors have already taken the decision of having different Call Control administrators (ours in 10.5.2 and theirs in 8.6) but they want just one IM and Presence server giving services to the entire company. Is there anyway to have Jabber client register to a single CUCM/IM and Presence server but having the physical phones to different CUCMs?

The services of the Jabber client application: phone control, receive and answer calls directly from the computer, etc. must remain available.

I hope you could give some ideas. 

Regards

Miguel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the relationship between CUCM and IM&P is 1:1, not to mention CUCM 10.5(2) ONLY works with IM&P 10.5(2).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the relationship between CUCM and IM&P is 1:1, not to mention CUCM 10.5(2) ONLY works with IM&P 10.5(2).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use the Inter-Cluster Peering feature to bond the two CUCM/IM&P clusters together. This will allow users to believe they have one large IM&P server but in reality their client will be redirected to the cluster they are homed to at login.

SRND: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/presence.html#pgfId-1084540

Configuration: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_2/CUP0_BK_CEB3E82E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1052/CUP0_BK_CEB3E82E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1052_chapter_01001.html

Version Compatibility: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/10_x/CUCM_BK_CD1DB914_00_compat_matrix/CUCM_BK_CD1DB914_00_compat_matrix_chapter_011.html#CUP0_RF_I0092C6B_00

Hi There,

I know IM&P has 1:1 relationship with CUCM. we are running CUCM cluster with multiple domains (i.e. abc.com and xyz.com) in North America, now we have another APAC cluster with CUCM and IM&P 11.5 and we have ICT between North American and APAC clusters.  I can configure IM&P peering and ILS but that will only work for abc.com, and xyz.com users will unable to communicate with abc.com and xyz.com users in North America cluster. LDAP we are using LDS for multiple domains.

Is this a correct design if I just point presence service profile on APAC cluster point to North american cluster or push Jabber config point for APAC users and configure Presence as North American IM&P and use CTI/PHone services locally APAC cluster?

we have multiple remote sites hve same issue and they can't communicate outside their cluster due to multiple domain. FYI - We have configured IM&P as directory URI to supprt multiple domains, can anyone guide me if this is doable or any other hint I can get? I couldn't find this design in SNRD 11.0.

I know I can do it through Intra domain federation but that is something down the road due to certificates requirements.

Thanks