cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mute upon entry fails, had to mute-all several times

maggie.rougeaux
Level 1
Level 1

We choose Mute Upon Entry during scheduling in Event Center.  We double checked the settings.  When the participants started to join, there was noise.  We tried to isolate the user and mute them, but there was still noise.  We Muted All, Unmuted All and Muted All again.  We struggled to get the line quiet and suddenly there was finally silence.  But there was no apparent indication of what worked.

Does Mute Upon Entry kick in AT the start time?

Are some user types unaffected by Mute Upon Entry?

Why didn't this work?

Thanks!

Maggie

6 Replies 6

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maggie,

Are you using WebEx SaaS with audio provided by WebEx, or you have WebEx SaaS integrated with MeetingPlace for audio conferencing piece?

-Dejan

I think the audio conference service is provided by Intercall.

Thank you, Maggie. 

Unfortunately, this community is for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (on premise) solutions, and I don't believe it is observed by any WebEx SaaS experts. 

To get you to the answer faster, I would suggest just calling into Cisco WebEx Support  +1 866 229 3239 and explaining your experience. If you can provide them with the affected meeting number and your WebEx Site, they should be able to tell you what happened and what is expected behavior.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

So there is no community for me? :(

Unfortunately, WebEx SaaS support doesn't have a community here. They do have their own Support Site and many knowledge base articles that might have the answer to your question.

However, for your specific experience, I believe just calling them should be the fastest way to get the answer.

-Dejan

Webex Cloud connected audio?