Views
Helpful
Replies

No LDAP search

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have installed jabber for windows 9.1.1, my PC (at home),this is not added to my corporate domain, when i try to search a contact (typing 3 or more letters) i can not get my coworkers, only i see outlook contacts, how can i solve this error?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Basically JfW uses 'EDI', basically relies on your workstation login to access AD. If you are on a non-domain PC then this won't work. You have two options:

1) Enable UDS - if your CUCM is synced to LDAP, then you could switch to UDS which searches the CUCM DB instead of LDAP. If you aren't synced to LDAP, then it might not have enough info to be useful.

2) Reconfigure the LDAP config to use a service account rather than EDI. This can be any non-privileged account.

Either of those options are configured through a jabber-configuration.xml file you create and add to TFTP.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Basically JfW uses 'EDI', basically relies on your workstation login to access AD. If you are on a non-domain PC then this won't work. You have two options:

1) Enable UDS - if your CUCM is synced to LDAP, then you could switch to UDS which searches the CUCM DB instead of LDAP. If you aren't synced to LDAP, then it might not have enough info to be useful.

2) Reconfigure the LDAP config to use a service account rather than EDI. This can be any non-privileged account.

Either of those options are configured through a jabber-configuration.xml file you create and add to TFTP.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

I followed your first suggestion. I configured UDS in jabber-config.xml cause CUCM server is synced with LDAP  and it worked.

I appreciate your help.