Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to delete webex meeting from Outlook

Farhad Ashna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We had one of our Personal Assistant who created webex meeting on behalf of our executive from outlook. She has now left the company and another PA have taken over her role. 

She is trying to make modifications to the meeting created by the ex PA however it is not allowing her to make modification or delete any of the webex meetings from outlook.

Is there anyway to get a round this issue i.e. if we can modify it or delete it?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Farhad

7 Replies 7

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Farhad,

Have you confirmed that new PA has an active profile in WebEx, has a PT installed, and is set as a delegate for the execute in executive's profile in WebEx?

-Dejan

HI Dejan,

I have confirmed all the above. She can also create new meetings on the behalf of the executive as well but only if she tries to make modification to the meetings created by the ex PA then she gets an error.

Regards,

Farhad

Hi Farhad,

Have you checked if those meetings scheduled by previous PA weren't scheduled in his/her name and not in the name of the executive and the executive is just invited to the meeting?

If you open those specific calendar events in the executive calendar, what does it say about who scheduled the meeting?

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

The executive is away for this week hence I am not able to confirm. However when I got one of the invitees to open up the meeting. The host is coming up with the executive name in the invites. It was also created on the executive calendar.

Just out of curiosity can anything be done if it was organised by the old PA. We are happy to delete the meeting series completely. 

Regards,

Farhad

Hi Farhad,

If this meeting was scheduled on behalf of the executive, I believe that another PA with delegate privileges in CWMS and access to executive's calendar should be able to delete such meeting. I would suggest you to open a ticket with TAC to try to reproduce this issue and see if this is design limitation, a bug, or something specific to your environment.

I am sure the executive 9as the host of the meeting) would be able to delete that series from their calendar, but I guess that is not something you would like to ask them to do.

Hence, to really understand what is happening, I would suggest to reach out to TAC and open a ticket.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

I have spoken to PA and she advised that even the executive cannot delete the meeting even though on the invites he is coming up as the host.

Is there any difference between the host and organizer?

Regards,

Farhad

Hi Farhad,

This doesn't look normal. Host should be able to delete any calendar event in his/her outlook. Do they get any error when trying to do this? This looks like an issue to be investigated by TAC.

-Dejan