Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to play meeting recording in chrome & IE for Windows 8

sagartanmane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am facing the issue with CWMS meeting recordings for IE 11 Chrome (32 version) for windows 8

For IE 11 :

Whenever I am trying to play the CWMS meeting recording in IE 11, getting below error

Windows cannot find 'C:\PROGRA~3\WebEx\WebEx\500\atinst.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, andthen try again.

For Chrome (32 version) :

The Tab ,where I am pasting the recording link, Is getting auto closed after some time, However , the recording is not starting as it should be !

Please help, Have tried by changing user agent string to 9 & 10 , but no luck.

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sagar,

IE11 and Windows 8 are not supported by CWMS 1.5. Support of IE11 and Windows 8.1 is planned for CWMS 2.5 (but not committed yet).

Windows 8 will be supported in CWMS 2.0.

As for Chrome, regardless of Windows 8 not being supported, keep in mind that even in supported versions of Windows,  Google and FileZilla introduced some changes to their browsers:

Chrome and Firefox Browser Alert

Because of Google and Mozilla policy changes, starting with Chrome 32* and Firefox 27*, users may need to manually enable the WebEx plug-in when using these browsers to join a WebEx meeting or play back a WebEx meeting recording. More information and instructions can be found in our Joining a WebEx Meeting on Chrome and Firefox FAQ.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Thnaks Dejan,

You are the true mentor ,all the time !!

Just FYI,

I have used the below tactic

1)  Open IE 11

2)  Select tools (Alt + X)

3) Select "F12 Developer Tool"

4) Change User agent String >> IE 9 or 10

This worked for me only one time,Have also went through the recordings ,It was gr8, & when I closed & reopen the browser for cross check , It din't started & got the same obesrvation as above...Sounds weired 

No problem, Sagar.

Thank you for sharing the steps to try to workaround the issue.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: