cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open meeting with Spark? Self hosted meeting?

mem16421
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to think this would be a common question, but haven’t found it discussed so far.  We have a Spark board in a cube with 4 individuals and multiple offsite sales people.  Is there a way to have an open meeting where the remote people can join at leave throughout the day so they can see and talk to the people in the cube?  I know it seems a bit big brother-ish, but trying to figure out the best way to do this.  At this point one of the cube people can start a meeting, but if they leave the meeting goes away.  I think if the Spark board itself could host the meeting that would work.... is that possible?

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I would look at https://teamtv.io/ and see if that meets your requirements.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for the response George.  I did check it out, but it doesn't currently work on the Spark Board.  Lots of potential though, and will keep a close eye on the project

John Tansey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about call the spark board into a WebEx meeting? Sure there will have to be a host, but that host can 'pass' host role to the Spark Board participant if they need to exit. Normal CMR/aka WebEx Meeting Center Video duration is 24 hours.

People can enter/leave the WebEx meeting as they please. You can also enter this WebEx meeting from the Spark client(s), and Spark Room Kits, since WebEx version T31R2 released a year ago.

~Joe

Response Signature

Joe,

Thanks for the response.  I tried what you suggested but unless I am missing something, it just doesn't seem to work that way.  If I schedule a WebEx meeting the spark board can not join as itself.  If I use the spark board  to call into the WebEx meeting it just rings but never joins, and don't get a request that someone if trying to join my meeting either.  However I can start a meeting from within a spark space and then the spark board can join, but I do not have the ability to make the spark board the moderator, so when I leave the meeting ends... hmm... there must be a simple solution, but I am just not finding it....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: