Views
Helpful
Replies

Open Source Jabber Server & Cisco Jabber

chrisvanhorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

Have setup a Jabber server on a Linux server and am unable to receive communications from Cisco UC Jabber users once I request to add them as a contact. Example, once connected via any client to my Jabber server, I add a user anyone@cisco.com and it sits at pending. The user anyone@cisco.com does receive my request, and accepts. I never see anything in return - is there some simple setting I need to enable for 2-way communication between servers or is there something else going on?

What ports/protocols should I expect to be in use from Cisco Jabber that Cisco employees are using?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Douglas Crane
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to federate between the two. It sounds like they just don't know about each other. Same as if you tried to add a @gmail contact.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Douglas Crane
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to federate between the two. It sounds like they just don't know about each other. Same as if you tried to add a @gmail contact.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Douglas-

Thanks for the info but it seems this isn't the problem. I am able to communicate to any other Jabber server except Cisco UC. Have an @cisco.com user who is telling me I am always "Unavailable" - seems like there isn't communication between the servers.

Confusing since again, have tested a few other servers in the world and communications work fine - network connectivity is not an issue in these cases.

I'm listening on 5222 for client to server and 5269 for server to server. Is it some sort of valid SSL requirement perhaps? The SSL certificate on my server is self-signed.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: