cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

preventing the 'Use Cisco Jabber to call' window (click to dial, outbound calls)

simmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have set up a custom tab that reads an '.mht' file with our click to dial numbers in it.

The trouble I'm having is that whenever I click on a number to make a call (it simply uses the string 'sip:xxxxx' or 'tel:xxxxxx') we get the pop up window 'Use Cisco Jabber to call?' which I dont want to see - i just want jabber to dial the number without this extra step. It's made harder because the window doesnt necessarily appear on the same screen as the Jabber application.

I've got the windows default programs / protocols set to Cisco Jabber as default, so it's jabber bringing up this pop up.... can it be stopped?

Screen shot enclosed.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

Try using 'ciscotel:xxxxxxxxxx', I just tested it with Jabber 11.7 and it dialed the number without presenting a confirmation prompt.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

Try using 'ciscotel:xxxxxxxxxx', I just tested it with Jabber 11.7 and it dialed the number without presenting a confirmation prompt.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Jonathon you ripper!

works a treat, appreciate your help we've been struggling for ages.

Cheers, Simmo.

Thanks for following up Simmo, glad to help! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: