cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem registering Polycom HDX8000 on Cisco VCS

kamula.joseph
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues registering HDX 8000 on VCS, i have done everything in the manuals to allow SIP interop but no joy

The VCS log gives me this:

2013-05-10T15:30:01+02:00tvcs: Event="Registration Rejected" Reason="Not permitted by policy" Service="SIP" Src-ip="aa.bb.cc.dd" Src-port="5060" Protocol="TCP" AOR="hdx8000.ww@xx.yyy.com" Contact="sip:hdx8000.ww@aa.bb.cc.dd:5060;transport\=tcp" Duration="60" Level="1" UTCTime="2013-05-10 13:30:01,597"

Any help highly appreciated

jk

3 Replies 3

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Joseph,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems registering your device. I recommend you post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa) where our Cisco technical support experts provide debugging assistance. Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert debugging assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

There are probably two things to to look at

On the PolyCom side, what level of code is it running?   I ran into issues when I initially registered them to my vcs.  later versions have "Microsoft" features that can get in the way.

on the cisco side, you did not say if you are using TMS for end point management?  do you have username/passwords set for any of the other endpoints?

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi There

tvcs: Event="Registration Rejected" Reason="Not permitted by policy"

Are you using a registration policy on your VCS (i.e. Allow List or Deny List)?

If so have added to HDX registration details to the Policy?

You can also try check to which zone the VCS is trying to place the HDX in and check the zone authentication policy on that zone.