cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco Jabber ( affecting to Skype,Outlook,etc)

diasncoc
Level 1
Level 1

have reg here to find some solutions for my problem with Cisco jabber.Will be VERY happy if you can help me. There is problem with Cisco jabber ,I am from IT solution center and many users have problem with :

Skype search not working.

Skype meeting for outlook .

Online status not available in Outlook.

Some users had problem with Log in to Cisco jabber 

After research from internet I have found solution - The problem was solved via regedit - HKEY-Current user - Software - IM Providers ( and here in DefaultMApp  need to make sure Lync is set default, or type it if not) After that need to  restart outlook. This Solution solved  all the problem, but after restarting (PC/Laptop )problems occurs again , because  DefaultMApp  sets Cisco jabber as default again . if you know the solution or someone who would know it , can you pls let me know asap. best regards  Dias K

1 Reply 1

Simon Coventry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It sounds like your problems are with Skype and Outlook and not necessarily Cisco Jabber.

I don't think that running both Skype and Jabber is necessarily supported and recommend you use Cisco Jabber as your primary collaboration tool.

It is not entirely clear what you are trying to overcome, If you could accurately describe the faults you are encountering we may be able to offer further advise.

Kind Regards

Simon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: